Please also visit the photo blog of my husband, Richard Dann, at:
thevacuumneedstobeemptied.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Painting "Compost" SOLD PRIVATE COLLECTOR






Okay no one told me those pictures sucked. So my darling husband was nice enough to retake them for me.
Ahhh this has been such an ongoing project, I have no idea if I am finished it, or if I just cannot stand to look at it anymore. I really must say I enjoyed working on a painting to cover it with dirt, how exhilirating. The still life is composed trash all things disposable left to rehabit the earth in the form of nourishment for plants and animals. Painted with dirt, trash, coffee, old photos, and alot of thought from me. I hope you like it and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Loren

1 comment:

Debbie Schafer said...

At a quick glance this painting reminds me of irises. It looks Van Goughish to me. I have never thought to paint with dirt! The photo of humans within the garbage made me think a person was throwing away old memories, it makes me think this painting is specific to one man's/woman's mind. The person is trying to get rid of personal old baggage and junk.