Please also visit the photo blog of my husband, Richard Dann, at:
thevacuumneedstobeemptied.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Painting "Frida and Me"




Well it has been a long time. I have been working on a series that I have been hoping to show in the summer, so I have been kind of cloak and dagger. However in between I painted this of Frida Kahlo. It was funny because when I started painting it I thought it would be fun to do a self portrait with the general idea of Fridas painting and her eyebrow. However I changed my mind and thought of just painting Frida. When Rich saw it his first reaction was "it looks like a merge of you and Frida". So I guess perhaps I did unintentionally achieve my first idea. I would love to hear your thoughts.


I hope you all have a fun and happy holiday.


Loren

No comments: